RYA shore based courses
RYA shore based Courses and RYA online theory courses support the practical skills required for sailing and complement the RYA Practical courses.
RYA shore based Courses are delivered by qualified instructors, guaranteed to equip you with the essential knowledge and confidence you will need to be a safe and competent Skipper.
RYA shore based courses can be done here in a classroom including accommodation or at your home with an online theory courses:
- RYA Day Skipper shore based course. A comprehensive introduction to chart work, navigation, meteorology and basic seamanship essential for the RYA Day Skipper Practical course.
- RYA Yachtmaster Coastal Skipper shore based course. An advanced course covering: position, magnetic compass, tidal streams, buoyage, lights, pilotage, GPS and chart plotters, echo sounders, logs, meteorology, rules of the road, safety at sea, navigation and passage planning.
- RYA Yachtmaster Ocean shore based course – Advanced course in astro-navigation, worldwide meteorology and using a sextant for ocean passages.
ONLINE RYA THEORY COURSE
- Learn to sail at home in your own time. Trafalgar Sailing offers the most dynamic online RYA courses.
- As soon as your book you receive a password via email to logon to the RYA online course and your theory pack with charts, books and navigation tools arrives by post or courier.
- Your personal RYA shore based course Instructor gives you support and tuition throughout. You sit the exam at home in your own time.
Day Skipper £245
Yachtmaster Coastal Skipper £265
Combined Day Skipper & Yachtmaster £390
Yachtmaster Ocean £245
Combined RYA Yachtmaster Offshore & RYA/MCA Yachtmaster Ocean Online – £390.00
RYA theory pack which includes RYA charts, books, online support and exam. Navigation tools are not included but available for £28. Post to UK is free, courier to overseas £20.
RYA SHORE BASED COURSES IN GIBRALTAR OR AT THE VILLA IN SPAIN 5 days
- You can also do your RYA shore based course in the luxury of our villa in Sotogrande, Spain.
- The classroom overlooks your private garden and swimming pool.
- We guarantee there are never more than 6 students in a class.
- The RYA shore based courses last 4 and 5 days depending on if you choose to do the RYA course over two weekends or from Monday to Friday.
- There is also the option to do a private RYA course with your own RYA Instructor (£250 per day).
per person per day
(accommodation/food not included)
RYA theory pack which includes RYA charts, books and Day Skipper the navigation tools.
Lunch everyday (Day Skipper 5 days Yachtmaster 7 days)
Shared accommodation at the Villa in Spain with breakfast and dinner for £60 per day/night
Full time RYA shore based course Instructor.